Wednesday 29 May 2013

May Favourites



left to right: Real Techniques Shading Brush, No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Truffle, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volume Express and Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer


A whole new category has appeared on the blog, and its about time! A monthly favourites post has been lingering in my mind, and now I've finally put pen to paper (or rather hands to laptop) and written one.

May's makeup is somewhat more of a simple one. No messing about within a sea of eyeshadows or array of mascaras- you could even call me speedy when it comes to getting ready! I find that a few well chosen products can really brighten up a look, and switching up my makeup on a monthly basis means its all getting used, and I can try out different things every once in awhile.

Collection 2000's lasting perfection concealer has become somewhat of a cult product in my collection, but it is often used for more than just the conventional use. The perfect dupe for a primer, I find that smoothing this over my lid before a smokey or just neutral eye can increase the longevity.

Ever since the Real Techniques Shading Brush came into my makeup bag, I've found eyeshadow application even easier. I'm not saying I was an expert without it, but I could choose a few colours to sweep over my lid (basic inner corner highlight, neutral on the lid and a dark crease) but now I don't have to worry about packing on the shadow either. It's a perfect brush for base and blending, and the RT brush will be in my bag for quite some time...

My Maybelline Colour Tattoo is a beautiful colour. Pair this bronzy and almost Rose Gold cream shadow with No7's Truffle, and you have the perfect lid. I like to apply a fair amount- not too much, not too little-but I do like to smoke it out for an appropriate occasion. Blended out with my favourite brush and I'm left with a pretty eye with subtle definition.

After hearing the raves of beauty gurus such as Tanya Burr and Missglamorazzi, I finally bought the infamous Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volum' Express. Mouthful, yes, but you should hear the name of the waterproof formula! The big brush is perfect for lash-catching (ever attempted to coat those baby eyelashes and failed? Not with this!)

My favourite Beauty Blogger/ Youtuber of the month has to be Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup- her posts are so well written! I love reading her blog and watching her vids.

My favourite TV Programme of the month has to be Drop Dead Diva, which is a girly feel good show of 4 seasons that I have been catching up on on Netflix. I love it- just the right amount of cheesy-ness and reality! I've also just started watching Covert Affairs, and when I say just I mean Just the first series! One down, one to go. 
I'm obsessed with Doctor Who. Literally, obsessed, and so when the series finale aired, I was on the edge of my seat. And it was amazing! It you haven't seen it then you are seriously missing out!


El
X



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!