Saturday 11 May 2013

Boots Skincare?


I love Benefit and Clarins skincare products, but when I'm a little down on dosh, Boots' own skincare brand has often caught my eye. What started out as a one-pound whim has now developed into a bit of a collection!




Walking around Boots with only a few quid in your pocket is never a good thing as, quite frankly, there's usually nothing under the £3 mark. I needed a cheap but fairly effective eye make-up remover and this was the first one I spotted. Nothing special, just a box-standard gel to take off your eye make-up, but that's kinda why I like it. It's basic- no ridiculous packaging or a fun name. And for just under £2, I wasn't going to be out of pocket if I bought it. So that's what I did. It's not brilliant, nothing really compared to the Clarins Eye Make-Up Remover that I had been stealing from my Mum's bathroom (that stuff is amazing, but much more expensive than the Boots' own one!) but it gets the job done! Admittedly, you do have to rub at your eyes a little, gently though, but I do find that it takes the bulk of my eyeshadow and mascara off. And yes, I think I will be buying this again!



To be honest, I don't even really remember picking up this product or the reason behind it- it was probably just another 'I'm broke!' buy. This exfoliating face scrub is from the Tea Tree and Witch Hazel range, and if you can get past the slightly overwhelming smell, is quite nice. Again, its another stripped back product, a simple but good face scrub. I try to use this 1-2 times a week, and really like it!




Everyone loves a good old face mask, and I particularly like mud or clay ones. I tend to stick to the one application sachet, especially if I'm trying something new, but this 3 minute Clay Mask caught my eye. And at £2, its not really breaking the bank. 


I think that Boots' own brand(s) are often underrated. People dismiss shops own brands in favour for more expensive and supposedly better quality products. Don't forget that brands such as No7 which isn't exactly cheap, and 17 Cosmetics are both owned by Boots, so next time you're in there, take a look and see what you think!

El


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!