Friday 10 May 2013

Budget Buys



left to right: Soap & Glory Lid Stuff in What's Nude, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, Barry M Kohl Pencils in Bronze and White, Collection [2000] Lasting Perfection Concealer




As much as I do love to splash out on cute products from the much adored brand Benefit, drugstore and highstreet brands are something that I love buying, and I think my purse appreciates it too.

Soap & Glory is a brand more commonly known for their amazing skincare and bath and body products, so I was all for trying out a piece or two from their cosmetics line. I picked up Lid Stuff in What's Nude, a palette of mainly mattes with one brown-purple shimmer. Colour pay-off isn't great, and at a tenner I probably won't buy it again, but it is fab for a subtle hint of colour-you won't be worrying about garish looking eyes with this as even the slightly more whacky colours don't come out overly bright.

After hearing many a rave and review, I just had to try the infamous Maybelline Colour Tattoos and jump on the ever-growing bandwagon of popular products. And I wasn't disappointed. In comparison to other cream eyeshadows that I have tried, I would say that it's just as good as the high end ones and even without the premium price tag, there's no compromise on quality.

Barry M is one of the cheaper brands in Boots that I tend to veer towards when out of pocket. Having heard neither a good nor bad thing about the kohl pencil liners, I picked them up for a couple of quid each. They can be easily blended into the lashes, however in the waterline they don't fare quite so well- lasting power isn't covered by the small cost of them. I do love them though, and at such a little amount of money, another one wouldn't go amiss in my make-up bag.

I love a good trip down to Boots, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for any other budget buys!

El
X



2 comments:

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!