Wednesday 22 May 2013

Tools Of The Trade


An artist has their brushes, and so do I! Makeup brushes are a must-have for cosmetics cravers, and I'm certainly no exception. Although my 'collection' of tools is small (and still growing) I do use them all for different reasons.




Although eyeliner isn't really my area, I've still managed to acquire a brush for it! This multitasking brush from 17 can be used for shadow, gel or liquid liner as well as a brow tool. Tap into a cool brown eyeshadow or brow powder and brush through unruly arches for quick and easy definition.

This brush has to be my favourite. After I finally purchased the infamous Real Techniques Shading Brush, there was no going back. Ideal for cream or powder eyeshadows, I like to use this brush to apply a base product and then for blending out harsh lines and edges.

A cheapo-brush is one usually found in most gals collections- often unused or dirty, I found myself reaching less and less for my Boots' own synthetic shadow brush. It doesn't pack a lot of colour, but I've slowly discovered that it's perfect for concealer. Bigger than the rest of my brushes, it blends as it goes, and leaves my under-eyes or pimple points in a slightly smoother state.

I think this one was once my Mum's, just another Boots brand brush, but a jolly good one all the same. The shape and size of this small and skinny brush means that it just fits in to the crease of my eye- perfect for a smokey socket. Paired with a bronzy shadow, this brush blends up a storm.

Last, but not least, the sister to the 17 angled brush. This one is flatter- better for applying cream shadows as opposed to  blending or liner-work. Dip this in a pot of a champagne base colour and you're good to go.

El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!