Friday 3 May 2013

Elle Magazine June 2013 - Free Benefit They're Real Mascara and Clarins BB Cream Sample

Ever since I've really gotten into Benefit Cosmetics, I've followed them on Facebook, and so when I was browsing this popular social networking site and saw that Elle Magazine were including a free mini Benefit They're Real Mascara worth £9.50, I had to get it!

I'd been contemplating whether or not to purchase this expensive (overpriced maybe?) mascara, so when I saw the ad on FB, I was thrilled! Here are my thoughts and photos...

Miley Cyrus covers this issue of Elle, and the magazine includes an interview with her






First of all, packaging. The greyish- black is a great background for the contrasting neon orange letters, and I think that this overall effect of this is very eye catching. I love it!


 The tube itself is similar to the packaging, and is still very attractive!




 But the wand itself is the thing that separates this mascara from all the others...
It curls, lengthens and defines lashes! This mascara is very dramatic.


Personally, I don't know whether I'd buy this mascara or not. I found it a little clumpy, but for under four quid, I think it was worth it!

Another freebie from the mag was a Clarins BB Cream sample (full size costs £28). As I don't wear foundation and BB Creams are supposed to be a lighter, almost skincare-like alternative, I was quite excited! Here are my thoughts and photos...





Unfortunately, the sample was a tad too dark for me- it looked a bit like fake tan gone wrong! I can tell you that it felt really nice though, and had the right amount of coverage. The sample that I got was in 02 Medium, so I would be 01 Light. I think I'll have to try it out in the right colour for me next time I go to Boots!

Have you tried any Benefit products and what are your thoughts on They're Real!? Do you own any Clarins products?
Subscribe to Elle Mag now (£15 for 12 issues) and receive a free Benefit Smokin' Eyes kit worth £28.50! 

El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!