Friday 24 May 2013

Cream Products - The Trend





left to right: the POREfessional, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Barry M Kohl Pencil ,  Maybelline Colour Tattoo (looks more silvery here but is bronze in true form), Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows in Birthday Suit and My Two Cents, Benefit Posietint

If there's one outstanding trend for this Spring/Summer Season then it has to be cream products. Whether it's a creamy concealer, eyeshadow or blush, this trend is all about banishing the powders and embracing natural dewy skin. Not only do creamy products blend really well and stay on all day, but they also speed up morning-makeup-time!

For a smooth flawless base, Benefit's the POREfessional Primer is the first step. Being a bare-faced babe, primers aren't really up my street, but after trying a sample of this, I can tell that just by smoothing out my skin a little (just a little though) it enhances my complexion. And being a creamy product, it's perfect for brush or hand application.

Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer is a product spoken about by me and practically every other beauty blogger, and with a creamy texture that can be easily blended under eyes or on stubborn spots, it definitely falls into this season's trend category. I'm fairly sure that this is the cheapest good concealer out there, and to find a product that costs less than a fiver and works is a miracle in itself!

I have to admit that I've really fallen for this luscious look, and eyeshadows of a slightly different texture to the norm are becoming a staple in my everyday routine. Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows in My Two Cents and Birthday Suit   are prime examples of creamy shadows. The former is a beautiful coppery colour, hence the name, and the latter a more silvery-taupe tint. The great thing about them is that they can be blended in to create a subtle smokey eye, or packed on and set with a powder for an intense look.

At the more affordable end of the scale we have the Maybelline Colour Tattoo. Being one of the most mentioned and most used product, it's obvious I love 'em, and the same beautiful eye can be created with these as with the Benefit ones for £10 cheaper. No brainer! 

A three pound whim. I buy most of my products by 'wingin' it' unless I've read a persuasive post on a particular product, but my Barry M Kohl Liner  has to be one of my more successful discoveries. By blending these into the lid with a finger, they give a sheer wash of colour that can be built up, and they're perfect for shadow-phobs and the less confident cream lovers.

Now for a slightly different item. Still from the creamy clan, Benefit's Posietint is a more-liquidy tint for cheeks and lips. The pinky colour suits all skin tones and can be easily blended into cheeks for a subtle hint of colour.

El
X

2 comments:

  1. What colour Is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in! Its lovely:)
    Jess x
    http://prettylikepastels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice! I have the shade On and On Bronze- I've mentioned it in a few other posts so have a look at them!- but I believe it is fairly similar to Bad to the Bronze which is another popular shade.

      El
      X

      Delete

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!