Tuesday 14 May 2013

Pick-Me-Up Pamper Evening!


If I'm feeling down or just a little tired, a soak in a warm bath and a relaxing face mask is always a nice experience. Especially at the end of a long hard week, a pamper evening can be a real pick-me-up.




First I like to set the scene with some candles, surrounding the tub. At the same time, I'll be filling up the bath and adding in Soap & Glory's Foam Call for the bubble factor. Then off goes my make up with the Boots Eye Make up remover followed by a face wash to cleanse my skin. With a tub of Body Cream positioned next to the bath along with a couple of neatly folded towels, I'll tie my hair up and relax in the hot steamy water.

A book, magazine or even my phone will usually accompany me during my soak, as I find the bath tub can be a peaceful place to read or watch telly. At this stage I will either wash my hair with Aussie's Shine Shampoo or Mega Instant Conditioner of the same brand, or get out of the bath and wrap myself in a dressing gown.

My Aussie products sit on my hair and skincare shelf along with other beauty favs

Once out of the tub, a face mask is due, Boots' 3 Minute Clay Mask in this case. I really like to massage this in and take my time, because a pamper is supposed to be a long, lovely experience. Whilst the mask is working its magic, Essie's In Stitches polish makes an appearance and my bathroom (or bedroom if I've moved out of my bath's home) will become my nail salon for the night. By the time a couple of coats have dried, my clay mask is ready to go with a splash of warm water followed by a wash with my Clarins cleanser. Then I like to follow up with a moisturizer, pop on my PJs and retire to my bedroom for an episode or two of something on Netflix!

Essie In Stitches

1 comment:

  1. It kills me that my apartment won't have a bath next year. How does a girl survive with a nice bath once in a while? Lovely post!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!