Sunday 5 May 2013

Nails- New Essie Polish

I've always loved the look of perfectly polished nails that are beautifully painted, but I've often found that painting my own nails turns out to be more of a stressful task rather than a relaxing one! So, I decided that it was time for me to invest in a proper nail polish and trekked around Boots to find the perfect one. In the past, I have usually stuck in the £3-5 range, as there's no point buying an expensive varnish it if isn't right, but when I saw this little lovely from Essie, I just couldn't resist...





The brush is great for applying a thin layer of polish

 I bought the colour In Stitches, which is a lovely muted pinky-brown colour, and I love it! The brush is quite big and flat, which means it only takes a few strokes to coat the whole nail. The formula is opaque, and I only needed 1-2 coats to get a good colour. It translates pretty much the same from the bottle to the nails, but the more coats you add the darker it gets. It doesn't take very long to dry at all, and isn't thick or lumpy.





Now, as you can probably tell, I'm not very good at painting my nails, but even I found it pretty easy to use this polish! I would definitely recommend Essie polishes, and this colour in particular, as it is good for the transitions between seasons. This colour can be worn all year round- in Winter, you could paint your nails a darker colour first and add this on top or paint 3-4 coats of it on its own, in Spring, you could use 2 coats, in Summer, you could use one sheer coat or use a lighter colour on top or underneath, and in autumn, you could wear it with a darker polish on alternate fingers!

Because I had spent more than I usually would on the Essie polish (£8 is rather steep for a nail colour!) I thought I'd buy a cheaper top coat. I spotted this Collection Lasting Colour Top Coat for just under £3, and it is very glossy and shiny! The only problem is it does take forever to dry... It does have a great brush though.

Worn over the Essie polish, it leaves a shiny finish




I definitely think I'll be buying more Essie polishes in the future, and I'll also be looking out for more collection ones! Do you own any Essie or Collection nail varnishes?

El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!