Thursday 20 June 2013

Ravishing Reds





Nail Polish seems to be my new obsession - for now - and although it's often thought of as a Christmassy Colour, I love to wear red all year round. The polishes on my tips today all fall into this category, so here's the low-down.

Collection's red-toned wonder is more of a sparkly shade, check out the pinkie for further reference, and is what most people imagine being worn on the nails during the winter season. It has a very fine 'glitter' type iridescence running through it, but paired with a more classic colour can be sported all year round. The only annoying thing is it's unnamed. Darn. 

This next one is definitely a favourite! Nails Inc is one of those brands that I've usually just dismissed because of the price, but when the shade 'It's Red, Babez,' was given as a freebie in June's InStyle mag, I was sold. It's more of a tomato red than a straight-up pillar box, and I'm really into orangey shades.

A similar shade to the former mentioned colour, Hip Hop from Rimmel's new Kate Moss Salon Pro Range is of a similar hue but with more pinky-orange tones. The formula, colour and brush is amazing, and at just over four quid, you can't go wrong.

The next polish to grace my fingertips is actually my sister's, whoops, and is another nameless shade. But negatives aside, this classic red from No7 is more of a traditional red with a darker tone to it. Probably better for later on in the year, but equally good if worn in conjunction with a lighter shade. Love it!

And last, but not least, another Rimmel one, in the colour Double Decker Red. Honestly the best and well-fitting name for this polish, as this is the closest true red colour that I've found so far! It's as cheap as chips and a perfect all year round polish. Another stunner from Rimmel, the nail polish queens at the moment...

El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!