Friday 28 June 2013

June Favourites


Can you believe it? We are halfway through the year already! It should be summer at the moment but what with the weird weather you wouldn't be able to tell...

left to right: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, Dr Jart BB Cream, Benefit They're Real Mascara, Soap & Glory Lid Stuff, Benefit Posietint



This month's makeup must-haves are mainly old favs with one re-discovered gem and newbie product.

I'll begin with skincare. Although my skin isn't overly dry, I do find that it can often be lacking hydration which is where the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer comes in- the clue's in the name. Light enough to wear under makeup yet perfect for blending in concealer, this really has been a stand out product for me. I have the mini travel size version, but the big boy bottle may be coming my way soon...

The newest addition to the cosmetics clan is a much raved about product by many other bloggers and now by me. The Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream (full post coming soon...) is a low coverage, lightweight, one-shade-fits-all product with huge skincare benefits. Without going into too much detail, it gives a dewy finish and I've been loving it.

Although my initial view on the popular mascara was very, well, critical, I decided to give They're Real another go. Although it is the hardest thing to get off my lashes, I can't stop using it! It really does lengthen, curl and volumize, but beware! If you do add layer upon layer it can get a tad clumpy. It really does show that giving things another go works, so I have a feeling that this best-selling mascara won't be going anywhere!

Onto another eye product- Soap & Glory's Lid Stuff. Although this eyeshadow quad has been in my possession for a while now, I seem to have a new-found love for it. Some days I've just been wanting a matte lid look, and this palette is perfect for it, so I'm sure you can imagine how devastated I was after the matte pink, Pink T, smashed! Oh well. I also find the sheer white, Vanilla, perfect for setting concealer under the eyes, as it has little pigment. The matte brown is perfect for the crease, and the shimmery almost purpley, shadow adds a bit of oomph to the eye. What more could you want?

And last, but not least, Benefit's Posietint has made an appearance in the makeup bag. Now that we have entered Summer, although the weather outside isn't reflecting it, dewy cheeks and lips are desirable for a healthy glow, and I find this sheer pink tint perfect!

The Youtuber/Blogger of this month is Zoella, or Zoe Sugg. She recently hit 1,000,000 subs on her channel, and uploaded her first tutorials this month. Yay!

Nail Polish(es) that I've been loving are the Rimmel Salon Pros, Nails Inc, and I bought Essie's Figi yesterday. Love it!


El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!