Monday 10 June 2013

Blue


Outfit Of The Day type posts are ones that I personally love reading. I find it really interesting to see how people have paired together, and love taking inspiration from them. So, today's post is exactly that, a little snippet of my style. Although monochrome is a big trend this season, blue seems to be a popular clothing colour. I love bright cobalt and electric blues, and if paired with darker or lighter hues of the same palette can be worn easily.

Jeans - New Look. Vest - Matalan. Nails - Rimmel Salon Pro in Navy Seal
Matalan, although not the most raved about shop, is a great place to buy basics from. I picked up this bright blue vest for under a tenner, and as it's such a statement piece, it only needs to be worn with a smart jacket and heels to create an evening outfit! I paired this with a black strappy vest underneath, as it was a little too low at the sides, back and front for my liking, however in the summer it's sheer enough to be thrown on top of a bikini for beach-wear.

I was searching for ages and ages to find a decent pair of jeans for under £25. New Look's array of clothing hasn't really seemed to suit me in the past, but I stumbled across these navy jeans for just over twenty quid, and bought them. They are gorgeous! Most jeans, even high waisted ones don't seem to be, well, highwaisted on me, but these are great. My new former mentioned blue top can be tucked in for an equally fab look.

As for nails, I knew that Nails Inc's Baker Street would have matched perfectly, but since I am resisting the urge to buy it (£11 for a nail polish?!) Rimmel's Navy Seal suited the look. And for less than half the price, I was pleased!

Shoes were covered by Cath Kidston. My blue floral canvas trainers complemented the bright vest and navy jeans.

Hint: Go bright on top or bottom, not both. If you pair a cobalt vest with jeans of the same shade, it can go from pop of colour to dipped in blue paint. Yep, probably not the best of looks...

Nails are the best place to experiment with colour, so just popping on a coat or two of a bright polish can banish boring outfits and create bright new ones!

PS - seeing as blue is the colour of the moment, there may be a full post on nail colours of the same hue...

El
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!