Thursday 7 November 2013

The Beauty A-Z #3 Clarins






Although Clarins is seen as a skincare brand for older, mature women, I seem to have accumulated quite a lot of products ranging from a simple cleansers, to moisturizers, to makeup removers.


Cult Classic:

The Instant Eye Make-Up Remover seems to have cropped up all over the blogosphere (is that a word?!). My Mum and I both love this! It's a Bi-Phase eye makeup remover that gets everything from liquid liner to my beloved They're Real Mascara from Benefit in the blink of an eye. Loads of brands have a similar formulated product- Chanel, Lancome (review coming soon) but this one beats them by a mile. Although it is expensive you only need a little; I simply pop a couple of drops onto two cotton pads, sandwich them together and wipe it all off.


Best For Younger Skin:

Remember a while back when I posted about the Clarins Daily Energizing Range? (check it out here) Well I went ahead and bought the full sized Cleansing Gel, and for just over a tenner, it's rather budget friendly. A little really does go a long way- using too much can leave your skin feeling a bit tight- so I tend to used a pea-sized amount, rub it all over my face, lather it up and rinse!

Best For Lazy People (aka. Me):

Cleansing waters seem to be the latest in skincare, and of course, the Clarins offering is great. Although it is specifically for oily skin, I have no problem using the Purifying Water to remove my makeup, and generally cleanse my skin. I put a little on a cotton pad, sweep over my face and then I'm done!

Best For Dehydrated Skin:

Although I've never really had an analysis on my skin, from what I can tell, it might be lacking a bit of hydration. Enter, the Clarins HydraQuench Cream, a thick, hydrating moisturizer. I've only been using this for a couple of days, but already I love it! I put a little on my fingertips, rub them together, and then apply onto my face. Simple!

Best For Older Skin: 

Out of my whole skincare routine, eye cream(s) are probably the least used or emphasised thing. My eyelids are quite oily as it is, but when I got the Extra Firming Eye Cream as I freebie, I gave it ago. This is designed for older skin, being labelled as 'wrinkle reducing', but even when you are younger it is ok to be using anti-aging products. I just pat this in around the eye socket, easy!

El

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!