Friday 18 October 2013

The Beauty A-Z #2 Bumble and Bumble






For the second A-Z post, Bumble and Bumble take the spotlight. Yes, I know it's expensive, but in my opinion I think it's worth it. Because of the price tag, I have a few minis, but they work just as well.

Best For Full, Thick Hair:

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo - Although my hair is already relatively thick, I just can't say no to extra fullness! Paired with the conditioner and spray from the same range, my hair looked noticeably fuller. To use, I put a small amount of shampoo in the palm of my hand, and lather it up in my hair, focusing on the roots, and then repeat. It may only be a 50ml bottle, but a little really does go a long way. And did I mention the delicious scent?!

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Conditioner - As it's in the same thickening family as the aforementioned shampoo, they work really well to give hair volume. I use a small amount in my hands, but mainly focused on the ends of my hair (split hairs alert!) comb through either with a brush or just my fingers. I then rinse and repeat.

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray - This is the product that got it all started! After hearing many a rave about the brand, I was thrilled after spotting this as a freebie in the September (I think?!) edition of Elle Magazine. At first I was a bit puzzled; I thought it was a hairspray to set everything in place when actually it is used when your hair is wet or damp. I just spritz this from roots to ends, and used with the shampoo and conditioner, you have the perfect trio!

Best For Beachy Waves:

Bumble and Bumble Surf Set - aka. The Ultimate Messy, Beachy Hair Kit. This set is perfect as an introductory haircare set. It contains everything you need- the new Surf Foam Wash Shampoo and Surf Creme Rinse Conditioner, along with the award-winning, cult hair product that is the ever so famous Surf Spray. Again, this will set you back a bit, (this was a present!) but it's great for effortlessly wind-swept hair. I start of by washing my hair with both the shampoo and conditioner (repeating once with both) and then using a bit of the spray whilst my hair is damp, and then once again after I've dried my hair. For the best look, leave your hair to dry naturally, brush through, and then whip it like Willow Smith. (cue song!)

Next on the Wishlist:

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish - a dry shampoo/volumizing spray hybrid, that's invisible, and supposedly thickens and finishes off any do. I think this was made for me.

If You Only Buy One Thing - (which is understandable given the price) then let it be the Surf Spray, mentioned earlier. This has to be the best salt spray out there, as you can use it on wet, damp or dry hair, and it smells great too- always a good thing! I don't style my hair very much, but this is now a cult product in my collection! Just spritz and then scrunch into your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!