Tuesday 16 April 2013

What's in my Make Up Bag


Hi guys!

Recently I got a new make up bag, so I thought it would be a good time to show you what I have in it! Obviously, I don't carry around all of my make up, but I do have a few touch-up products in here. These are mainly my most used products.

First up, the actual make up bag! I have the London Print Large Wash/Make Up bag from Cath Kidston. It cost £15 (there are cheaper ones out there) but it is massive! I can easily fit in loads of stuff. But the main thing that really attracted me was the gorgeous print! It is a lovely navy blue colour with London Landmarks on it- very patriotic! These famous sights include Big Ben, the London Eye and even Buckingham Palace! I am very pleased with it.

(my other CK washbag in the background!)

See what I mean about the lovely print?!








So that's the bag, but what's in it?


left to right from the top: Miss Sporty XX Long Mascara, Benefit Most Glamorous Nudes Ever, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, Barry M Khol Eyeliner, Maybelline Colour Tattoo, Vaseline, Soap & Glory Lip Stick

Miss Sporty XX Long Mascara

I've had this long enough for the name to have almost rub off- it's lasted me quite a while! I bought this for no particular reason other than it was a cheap black mascara. I think it was about £3.99, which makes it great value for money! The wand is very thin and slightly angled, which makes it perfect for getting all my lashes. I love it so much, and at that kind of price, I'm glad I got it.




Benefit Most Glamorous Nudes Ever

I briefly reviewed this in a previous post, so I won't go into too much detail. It is basically a palette of 6 neutral eyeshadows (2 cream, 2 powder) but the colours are beautiful! It is a bit overpriced for what you get (there's not much product for the amount of money) but I'm pleased I bought it. At £23.50, I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing this!

(Click for brief overview)
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

I had heard this being raved about by lots of bloggers/youtubers so I thought I'd give it a go. Besides, at about £4, I wasn't risking anything. I do think this concealer is good for the odd blemish, but as I don't wear foundation, I guess I don't get the full effect. I do however, like mixing this with my moisturizer every now and again to create a very light coverage giving tinted moisturizer! (I tip I saw in a video by Beauty Crush)

Again, the label has worn off!
Barry M Kohl Eyeliner

I love this £2 bronzy liner! It's great for touching up my eye make up when I want a bit more definition. It can be used along the lashline, blended into the crease or roughly smudged across the lid as a base.



Maybelline Colour Tattoo

Again, another product briefly reviewed here. I love this creamy eyeshadow (I have it in On and On Bronze) as it is under £5 and can be used in multiple ways; personally I like to blend it into the crease with my ring or little finger, but it can be used across the entire eyelid if time is of the essence.



Vaseline

If I have dry lips, or just want a bit of a glossy finish to my lips, I go to my Vaseline. It's so cheap and affordable, and everyone had a tin lying around somewhere!



Soap & Glory Lip Stick

This lipstick comes in a variety of colours- I have Super Nude, which is (you guessed it!) a nude/peach colour. Admittedly, it is quite drying on the lips and cost £9, which is a bit overpriced for what it is, and therefore I won't be buying it again! I still use it occasionally, but with a bit of Vaseline to soften my lips.




As for brushes, I have a couple of mini ones which are handy for travelling. (I keep my full sized ones at home!) I think they are from Boots own brand but I'm not sure how much they were!




(I also have this cute little Clarins brush that came with a blusher!)
So that's the contents of my make up bag! What are your make up must haves? Let me know if you would like full review on any of these products.

El
X

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I absoluteky love your makeup bag darling; it's lovely! I have to get my hands on this Soap & Glory lipstick; fab shade! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- love your blog! Just after I posted this I realized that I have the Matte Soap & Glory LipStick which is why it was sooo drying- it is a lovely colour!

    El
    X

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!