Friday 12 April 2013

High Street vs High End- The best make up dupes

Hi guys!
As much as we all love to splash out on an expensive lipstick, mascara or blush, not all of us have the money to buy tonnes of high end make up, so I've found a few drugstore/ high street dupes!

Benefit Most Glamourous Nudes Ever Vs Soap and Glory Lid Stuff

I have both of these palettes and they are great! If you are looking for a cheap and affordable neutral eyeshadow quad then I suggest Soap and Glory's Lid Stuff Set in What's Nude. The 4 colours (a milky-white, pinky-brown, matte brown and brown shimmer with purple undertones) are beautiful and although they aren't very pigmented, you can build them up for a more intense look.

from left to right and top to bottom: Vanilla, Pink Tee, Mudhoney, Aubersheen 

The set retails for £10


The more expensive option is one of Benefit's World Famous Neutrals sets. I have the most glamourous nudes ever which is perfect! The 2 cream eyeshadows (Birthday suit- a chrome/ taupe and My Two Cents- a coppery bronze) are really smooth and highly pigmented. The 4 powder shadows (Call my buff- a milky white shimmer, It's complicated- a shimmery peach, Guilt-y pleasure- a bronze/gold and Kiss me I'm tipsy- a brown shimmer) also have great pigmentation and are beautiful! I recommend this if you want better quality eyeshadows.

The palette comes in a book shaped box and retails for £23.50


An overall view

from left to right: Kiss Me I'm Tipsy, Guilt-y Pleasure, It's Complicated, Call My Buff, My Two Cents (cream) and Birthday Suit (cream also)

Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows Vs Maybelline Colour Tattoos

I love the two creaseless cream shadows that came in the Benefit World Famous Neutrals set, but they are about £15 if you buy them full size, so when I bought one of Maybelline's Colour Tattoos, I was intrigued to see if they were similar...

I have the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, which is a gorgeous bronzy colour. It has great colour pay- off for such an affordable and cheap product, and comes in a variety of nudes and brights! I really recommend these if you want a creamy base (it can be used on its own) for eyeshadows. And at just under £5, it is very good value!

You can also blend this into other cream products

The Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow that I have is Birthday Suit, and it is a lovely taupe/ chrome colour. It is lovely and shimmery on the eyes, and can be used as an inner corner highlight to brighten up tired eyes. Compared to the Colour Tattoo, it has more of a silvery undertone rather than a brown/bronzy one.(Unfortunately, the new collection containing Birthday Suit and other new colours hasn't come out in the UK yet, but it was part of a previous collection so it may still be available. If not, you'll have to wait a month or so!!!)


(a bit out of focus- apologises!) 

(again, a little fuzzy!) left: Maybelline Colour Tattoo right: Benfit Cream Shadow.
Note: I have the mini Benefit version. 

left: On and On Bronze right: Birthday Suit



And there you have it! I'm pretty sure there are many other high street duplications out there that I haven't purchased yet, so please leave me a comment telling me any dupes that you know of!

El
X



4 comments:

  1. I love these nude shades. It's nice to see that although the branding and packaging is rather cool on the Benefit kit, there are still much more affordable options to be found!
    Nice one
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard that dior mascara is the same as bad gal from benefit..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the BadGal Mascara- I'll be keeping an eye out for the Dior one! El X

      Delete
  3. Hi El it's Grace, I love the new blog; keep the posts coming. Sorry no other way to contact you as I have ran out of credit. Please can text me your email(hopefully gmail). As we can chat on there, its free and I have loads to tell you!
    Grace
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you so keep the comments coming!